Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello from the Bush

Greeting friends and family. I apologize for my lack of posting, but mail home is painfully slow and this is the first access to a computer I have had since my arrival and I only have 10 minutes. Niger is great, Yesterday I went on an impromtu giraffe safari and saw a whole herd. It is super hot here and it is considered the cold season now. I am learning Hausa, eating rice with my hands, and sleeping under the stars. Good news, I passed the foreign service exam! Mom will post more on my adventures soon. I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. good to hear from you. Sent you a letter about a week ago, so watch for that. We will be at your parents Sunday for your call. Pray for you everyday. Love You, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on passing the foreign service exam!! that's so exciting!! good luck with hausa, and you'll get the technique down for eating with your hands in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a small world. To meet you while we were on a couple week trip to visit our daughter who works in Niger. You even knew some of her Holland area friends at Calvin College.

    I hope your new assignment goes well.

    ReplyDelete